We are conducting innovative theoretical investigations at the atomic scale in materials physics. Our activities include, on the one hand, the development of new theoretical tools based on density functional theory and, on the other hand, the use of these tools to reveal unprecedented properties, elucidate their microscopic origin and achieve the rational design of new functional materials.
Present topics of interest:
- Developing new first-principles and second-principles tools
- Searching for and understanding unexpected and outstanding bulk properties
- Coupling of lattice modes in oxide layered structures
- Two-dimensional electron gas at oxide interfaces
- New thermoelectrics : optimizing the power factor !